This recipe is a Work In Progress.

It might be amazing, but its creator doesn't think it's finished yet.

Jaws by Hold Fast was and still is a popular E-Liquid on the market today. Long story short, I have been tackling quote on quote clone recipes for a LONG time now. Mostly having the time working in the industry and having the privilege of working in a mixing lab for about 7 years. Now saying that, a good friend that I work with is just plain obssesed with this liquid (Watermelon Jawbreaker). So I decided to take a crack at it, with all this time being in a lab, why not right.

Starting off with what I thought was evident enough of being the main profile was FW Watermelon, and the second ingredient obviously FW Jawbreaker or now known as Jaw Breaking Candy. I've used FW Watermelon so many times and know the taste anytime it's in a recipe. This as everyone probably knows is damn strong, like needing to change the seals on your tank or rda strong. After playing around ALOT with this profile it would come close or maybe around 80-85% to the actual recipe, but their was just something missing that I could not figure out, until using FW Hard Candy..
I hit a road block that i simply couldn't get around like 100% of the time trying to take on a "clone". Most of the time when in stuck I'll just pick up flavors off the shelf and start to smell them and finger tasting. As soon as I picked up and wiped the dust off of FW Hard Candy, smelling and tasting...it hit me! Hard Candy has the same Watermelon in it that is FW Watermelon, but it also has it's own unique taste. So after scrapping FW Watermelon completely it automatically took the recipe to up about 90%...but.. yes the part where their is still just something missing...of course. Mind you at this point it's just a 2 flavor recipe, and the sweetener of course. Now, it was all about tweaking the recipe again and again and again. This time it was a little harder to try to figure out what was missing to make the recipe what it is. So adding some TFA Ethyl Maltol to the mix it really helped to "blend" the recipe and make it more copisthetic. Yet it was still quite not there. After some time with playing around with %s I decided to try cranking the flavors up a little higher then I normally would like, around 10%. Too much for The Hard Candy, but when I reversed it and jacked up the Jaw Breaker, it suddenly all came together. For some reason, JawBreaker at 10% just worked and changed into what it seems to have been missing. Why? I'm not sure, but it worked. Now for trying to get it where it needed to be I added .5% of TFA Ethyl Maltol and for me personally .75% of CAP Super Sweet is not too much or too little. Also, going any higher than .5% with the Ethyl Maltol seemed to make it a little harsh for whatever reason, so I would just leave it at .5%.
So, i do hope you all enjoy this recipe and I'll continue to try to tackle "clones" because i enjoy the challenge. I do really feel this recipe to me, is about 94-96% to the original. Taste is subjective again, but again i hope you all enjoy it! Cheers!🍻

Created: January 04, 2019 (over 2 years ago)

% Vendor Flavor
0.5
(TPA) Ethyl Maltol
3
(FW) Hard Candy
10
(FW) Jawbreaker
0.75
(CAP) Super Sweet
Total flavoring: 14.25% Steep Days: 3 (SNV) Best VG: 0% Temperature: 0
This recipe is the property of C6-R and released under the CC Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 license. You may not copy, derive or commercialize this recipe without following the terms of this license or the explicit permission of the creator.
There are no reviews to show here.